Expressions of Interest for Indonesian think tanks working on climate change policy
This call is open to local, independent policy research organizations, or think tanks, that undertake cross-cutting policy and action research on climate mitigation and climate adaption solutions to tackle climate change challenges in Indonesia. To be considered, candidates must:
- Be located in Indonesia and registered as local Indonesian entities.
- Demonstrate substantive research over the last two years on a range of cross-cutting policy issues linked to climate change such as climate budgeting and finance, private sector financing for climate solutions, renewable energy policies, regulatory structures affecting climate change adaptation and mitigation options, gender impacts of climate change, etc.
- Consider their organizations to be independent (applications from organizations partially funded by government or based within university or INGO structures but registered as “local organizations” will also be accepted).
- Have independent legal status (or “legal personality”) and the ability to receive and administer foreign funds (capable of contracting in their own right and name) in Indonesia.
- Have been established for at least two financial years.
This call builds on IDRC’s nearly decade-long experience of strengthening the capacities of local, independent think tanks through support to the Think Tank Initiative (TTI) to provide effective, objective, and high-quality research that informs and ultimately influences policy.
Jointly funded by the Oak Foundation and IDRC, this call seeks to support a small number of local and independent Indonesian think tanks with a grant of up to CA $300,000 each over a period of 30 months.
Specifically, the initiative aims to select a group of promising think tanks working on cross-cutting issues related to climate change by providing a combination of core flexible funding, dedicated capacity development training, and other technical support to strengthen their performance in the following areas:
- Organizational effectiveness
- Communications and policy outreach
- Research quality
For more information about this call and eligibility, please consult the detailed call for expressions of interest document.
Interested organizations should submit an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org along with relevant supporting documents, i.e. proposal budget and institutional profile questionnaire by Thursday January 3, 2019 (11:30 PM EST) / Friday January 4, 2019 (11:30 AM Jakarta time).