Call for Proposals that support gender transformation through research
The Gender Working Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
This call is open to organizations programming in low and middle income countries and promoting research focused on these countries. Eligible applicants have a proven record of supporting meaningful gender analysis and the uptake of gender integration measures.
IDRC is seeking new research proposals aiming to unpack how gender transformation takes place and how research can contribute to shifts in power relations and norms towards equality.
We invite proposals that, among other call questions:
- examine what a gender transformative agenda means operationally in research programming, institutional/organizational strengthening, and learning;
- test the transformative power of a feminist approach through action research that:
- highlights imbalances of power across different themes and sectors;
- explains how those power asymmetries facilitate or hinder equality across varied gender identities, for example women and LGBTQI2 people;
- seeks to identify solutions at the individual, household, community, and/or institutional level for gender transformation, such as changing social norms and institutional strengthening.